Rank Migration

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by Muqsit, Jan 20, 2018.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Muqsit

Muqsit Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Greetings Cosmonauts,
    Really sorry but we had to do this...
    Everyone who purchased their ranks BEFORE December 2017 will need to migrate their accounts again. You may be asking "Why?". Well, lets get some things straight:
    • Some players SHARED their donator accounts with their friends and were upset over the fact that their friend had /migrated their account. Please NEVER share your accounts with anyone in the future.
    • Some players SHARED their receipts too. Please don't be this guy.
    This created a lot of problems among migrated and non-migrated accounts. We even gave away many ranks without verifying whether the username had already migrated. Things were getting really messy so we decided to put a stop to this system of /migrate.

What is the new way to /migrate?
    Players who purchased in-game items will be emailed on the email they used to purchase their rank. They will be emailed a unique verification code which they'll need to enter in-game to proceed to migration. This code will be formatted as such: AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD

The email will also include the exact command that you should execute in-game to gain your rank.
    If you haven't got the email, please try using /migrate <oldusername> in-game and see what reason it gives. Reasons where you are requested to tweet someone can be solved.

Haven't received your email?
    Check your spams folder, maybe the email ended up there due to security reasons. If you still can't find it, you can use /mgresend <oldusername> <emailaddress> to request for resending a confirmation email.

#1 Muqsit, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    IHasPotato515 likes this.
  2. Fluffy23

Fluffy23 Active Member

I have a problem someone else bought my rank... I dont have access to there email

Gatoman11 likes this.
  3. RandomRayyan

RandomRayyan New Member

I got no email and lost my rank

Danielp2003 likes this.
  4. Cryptic

Cryptic Sectional Moderator
    Sectional Moderator

What if you lost your rank BECAUSE of using /migrate?

5. TrixZ

TrixZ New Member

Muq I bought my rank like a year ago and don’t know the email can you please help me

Nickstar1001 likes this.
  6. RandomCaptainX3

but
    I want lenny title @Muqsit

7. xXAlexGamingXx

xXAlexGamingXx New Member

I bought one with a giftcard and got no email

8. Cryptic

Sectional Moderator

If you bought one with a gift card, 7-14 business days. Make sure to have proof of your purchase.

9. LordZain

LordZain New Member

I have bought my rank on 15 March 2017 and have the receipt too. I have been playing on cosmic since a very long time. My ign is lordzain20 and my email is [email protected] this is the email I used to buy rank. I got no verification code plz I want my rank back thx

10. LordZain

LordZain New Member

I bought my rank with gift card and I have proof. Plz muq I want my rank back

11. Mr.Crash

Mr.Crash New Member

Muq please help I bought my rank like a year ago and I deleted my email 7 months ago. How do I get my rank code, I changed my email but it isn’t the email I bought the rank with. Please reply to my tweets or dm me on twitter @MrCrash666. I’ve tweeted so many times at the CosmicPe account for help never have I got a replie.

12. Cryptic

Sectional Moderator

https://forums.cosmicpe.me/forums/help.9/ post your problem here.

Gatoman11 likes this.
  13. Magicgamer2011

Magicgamer2011 New Member

Ok i bought a rank manually with gift cards i tryed to migrate but it would not allow it said to contact you my ign is Magicgamer2011 (old) my new one is MagicToast16 (new) i payed with target gift cards and yes i know on shop it says that you dont accept them but i can even share some old emails (if i can find them of pour chat agreeing to pay with target cards) tyoy for the help sure hyped to start playing again after the whole dupe thing

14. Gatoman11

Gatoman11 Sectional Moderator
    Sectional Moderator

I'm facing the same issue. Ages ago (and I mean a long time ago) I tried to purchase myself the Tier 2 rank with a £10 gift card. They didn't accept £, only $. So I had to get a friend to buy it.

15. Gatoman11

Gatoman11 Sectional Moderator
    Sectional Moderator

"https://forums.cosmicpe.me/forums/help.9/ post your problem here."

16. Fluffy23

Fluffy23 Active Member

Yea i got a new rank

17. Muqsit

Muqsit Administrator

There are a lot of players stating that their friend had purchased their rank and now they've lost contact with that friend. Soo many players are having this issue (or say so) that I've past this as just another time waster. Not believing, not solving!

If that's your case, then you have permanently lost your rank. You NEED to get in contact with that friend and ask them to check their emails. We won't be able to assist you with such problems.

This also classifies as you having no proof of purchase. And no, this isn't a scam because:
    • You have no proof of purchase.
    • You did not make the purchase.
    • The person who made the purchase has already agreed upon the ToS and it's up to them to do refunds.

#17 Muqsit, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  18. Muqsit

Muqsit Administrator

19. Muqsit

Muqsit Administrator

If you made your purchase using a gift card or won in a giveaway, enter an incorrect verification code and follow the steps.

20. BenIsSemiPro

BenIsSemiPro New Member

I purchased a rank with a gift card but the last email I got said wait for an email to tell you how to redeem it. But that’s been like a few days. Why does it take so long