Upcoming A New Season!

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by Muqsit, Aug 11, 2018.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Muqsit

Muqsit Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Greetings Cosmonauts,
    We'd like to thank each one of you that has helped CosmicPE on this massive journey and grew it to what it is now. We are aware of some of you who have been here ever since the beginning yes we notice you!

We had recently taken various steps to ensure the servers work smoothly and live undisturbed. From a developer side, these include:
    • A wipe of unwanted services that were running in the background along with all the other factions servers.
    • Isolated the database to a completely different system than having it on the same system.
      • We use Redis database for our factions servers. This is currently still being run on the same system as the other factions.
    We also worked on various anti cheats, (note that these are still at it's first stage and might be annoying to cope with, and we apologize for that), did a cleanup of various bugs (and added a few in the process), added heroic enchantments (though unobtainable due to lack of combat balancing) and finally added /f rep.

For the next season, the CosmicPE administrators have come up with a list of planned features and additions. Ofcourse, we have also fixed various bugs in the process and re-added VOTE CHESTS! If you have any feature request or have a twist for a feature implementation, let us know in the comments.

From a developer side, we are shifting our factions database to MySQL which will ease the process of having a factions stats page like the one CosmicPvP has (P.S. If you are a web designer by any chance and can design us a stats page like that, we are looking!). In fact, it's more performant in some of the things redis is capable of doing. We've also got rid of pre-caching factions on startup (from the next season onwards, factions will be cached only when needed) which consumed a lot of RAM as the number of factions grew. A lot has been done to improve the cache system as well as the cache cleaning system.

Let's now talk about the FEATURES!
    These are a special kind of leather armor. How special can a leather armor be, you say? Well, it's not your ordinary leather armor, it's leather armor but dyed in red! How special can a so called "Heroic" red dyed leather armor be? A LOT better than your ordinary diamond armor for sure, well any diamond armor in general. Comparing it with your ordinary diamond armor, it's got 200% Damage Negation and 250% Durability.​
    • /fund claim
    It was supposed to be a thing ever since the implementation of /fund, but we never got to it. You probably already noticed the "reward" tag aside of the top 3 players on /fund top. Well, if you fall into the top 3 on the list, you can now claim your fund rewards safely by executing /fund claim.​
    • Jackpots
    A lottery system that allows you to purchase tickets for a chance to win the pot. Each ticket costs $10,000 and your chance of winning is directly dependent on the tickets you purchased. The pot winner is drawn every two hours.​
    • Factions
    Factions by far has been one of the most buggiest, yet the most used and the biggest feature implementations on the server (obviously because the it's a factions server). Various bugs with claim protection, renaming, warps, homes, access permissions and spawner balances have been fixed. Here are the new behavioral changes to factions:
    > A new faction role – RECRUIT has been added. This role is this default given to anyone who you invite to your faction (previously, "member" was the default role). Recruits do not have permission to break, place and modify blocks. Nor can they open any containers. But explicitly giving them permission to do so (using /f perm) permits them to do so.
    > Faction multipliers behave more friendly. While your faction has an active faction multiplier and everyone from your faction is offline, the faction multiplier "pauses" until at least one person from your faction joins the planet. Faction multipliers will also be dependent on the server's tick rate rather than the system time – meaning if the server freezes for 3 seconds, so will your faction multiplier.​
    • Micro additions and improvements
    > Increased chance of successfully redeeming secret dust by 13%.
    > Added Rank Quests (currently these are unobtainable but should be available in envoys, vote chests and space chests before the season begins).
    > User data that is frequently updated is now "cached" during player-joins rather than being fetched directly from the database when required. This speeds up some processes such as transactions. You may have noticed an annoying behaviour in mining spawners where the spawner block appears back again and then vanishes after half a second. This is because when you mine a spanwer, the server cancels the mining event and queries the database to check if you have sufficient funds to mine the spawners. Communicating with the database takes a significant time and slows down the process. So you have to wait for the database's response before you see the spawner vanish. This won't happen anymore.​
    • Stackable entities' despawn behaviour
    Auto-despawning for stackable mobs after 18000 ticks (15 minutes) (or 12000 idle ticks (10 minutes), i.e 10 minutes of no updates) behaviours have been replaced with auto despawning if the mob doesn't change it's stack count in 5 minutes. Keep in mind, stackable mobs will still auto despawn if they try to hit a stack size of 10000 (10k).​
    • HUD (using 1.7 scoreboards)
    Once 1.7 rolls out, you'll be able to see a much improved HUD on your right side. KOTH's HUD will also be rewritten using 1.7 scoreboards. Here's a preview:
    [​IMG]
    • Various new custom enchantments
    Because 100 weren't enough, we have planned adding various new custom enchantments. We won't be convering all of them in case we aren't able to do it by the next season. So here are the ones guaranteed to be in the next season...
    • Simple
      • Oxygenate I - Refills oxygen levels when breaking blocks under water.
      • Experience V - Gives more exp when mining blocks.
    • Unique
      • Ragdoll IV - Whenever you take damage you are pushed far back.
    • Elite
      • Venom III - A chance of dealing poison.
    • Ultimate
      • Fuse I - Allows Auto Smelt to apply to blocks destroyed by the Detonate enchantment.
    • Legendary
      • Leadership V - The more allies near you, the more damage you deal.
    • Soul
      • Immortal IV - Passive soul enchant. Prevents your armor from taking durability damage in exchange for souls.
    NOTE: These are NOT the complete list of features, these are only the features that have so far been worked on, and hence are "guaranteed". We have a long list of planned features that probably will be becoming even longer. Do check back this thread later as we will be updating it with the new implemented features.
    An estimated date for the update is currently unavailable, we will be announcing the date for it later. And yes, this update requires a global reset. And yes, /f rep will be counted from the current season.

#1 Muqsit, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  2. ArTiste7

ArTiste7 New Member

Due to be Cosmic’s most successful season!

3. Ducks4President

Ducks4President Sectional Moderator
    Sectional Moderator

Damn, I'm going to make a comeback on cosmic next season!

DockedSiamang22 likes this.
  4. TheDoctorMCPE✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Administrator

Next season will be a total game changer ;3

5. Fluffy23

Fluffy23 Active Member

Hell yes

6. XxNatalia2004xX

XxNatalia2004xX New Member

I am so proud of how far CosmicPE has come! <3

7. Ruslan_Rp

Ruslan_Rp New Member

When is Alien Planet coming out?

8. Ruslan_Rp

Ruslan_Rp New Member

or just more planets?

9. Fluffy23

Fluffy23 Active Member

Im not sure there will be any new planets coming out anytime soon im pretty sure all of the things noted in this thread and more will be roled out onto the current servers after there reset but that is just want im thinking there doing its not a confirmed source

10. DockedSiamang22

DockedSiamang22 New Member

11. xtruedarknessxX

xtruedarknessxX New Member

12. xtruedarknessxX

xtruedarknessxX New Member

Vkits pls?

13. Muqsit

Muqsit Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Yeah we are thinking of adding those if we get to add the required vkit enchantments.

14. Emil Czander

Emil Czander Sectional Moderator
    Sectional Moderator

It was actually fun playing in Cosmic and Minecraft, I never regretted playing it but I think I have to move on and quit this forum

15. Fluffy23

Fluffy23 Active Member

Lol I thought you already did

16. DockedSiamang22

¨Added Rank Quests (currently these are unobtainable but should be available in envoys, vote chests and space chests before the season begins).¨

wow, I should have waited on getting my 6$ t5, and i wonder how those will work. will they be a piece of paper? or an instantly applied thing?
    what type of requirements would be needed

17. DockedSiamang22

hah fluffy, u were wrong, no offense, but i do believe that lava is a new planet, i am a bit late posting this but yeah, lava is a new planet

18. Fluffy23

Fluffy23 Active Member

I litterly said thats what i thought would happen and i had no evidence behind what i was saying in was just my opinion